Thursday, July 30, 2009

How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

Lately, I've noticed that my hair is naturally curly (It was straight when I was younger). When it's still damp, it looks good with the curls. But when it becomes totally dry, it just puffs out, and although the curls are still there, it looks too big and puffy (for lack of a better word). I towel-dry my hair, not blow-dry.



It kinda looks similar to Elaine's hair on the tv show Seinfeld, in the earlier episodes. If that helps you understand.



I tried frizz-ease hair serum, but of course that's not enough to take away the frizziness.



I don't want to use hair gel because it looks greasy.



I usually straighten my hair, and then curling it afterwards just doesn't work because the curls don't stay in and don't look as beautiful as my natural curls.



I use Pantene Pro-V "smooth and sleek" shampoo + conditioner.



What products/techniques can I use to keep the curliness and get rid of the puffy volume of my hair?



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

Ditch your pantene smooth and sleek. Get a curl enchancing shampoo, conditioner and serum. Get small travel sized bottles and try out lots of companys! For your hair you may have to check out a place like trade secrets or your local salon for more high end products. Most curl enhancing shampoos make your curls bigger and brighter and remove frizz. A mix of curl enchancing products and frizz ease will get your hair looking great!



Hope I could help!



EDIT:



Blow dry your hair while brushing with a paddle brush it helps



If you can go to your hairdressers and get your hair thinned, but ask for a style that will reduce frizz but enchance your curls!



Congrats on loving your curls!



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

samy re-energizing curl potion



apply onto wet hair and then let it dry



it dries crunchy at first but then it gets really soft



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

I find garnier fructis smooth and sleek shampoo and conditioner for hard to straighten hair the best i have ever used for my hair. My hair is also curly too but not that curly. To get rid of the puffy get it thinned at the hairdressers.



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

first step...



STOP STRAIGHTENING



it kills your hair and makes it frizzy and puffy.



when you get out of the shower, towel dry a little bit,



put the serum in, and blow dry on a cool setting until damp.



then put a golf ball size amount of mousse in (or more/less



depending on length of your hair) and put all hair back in a



clip. let it be there while you do the rest of your getting ready



routine. when you are ready, take it out, spray in "flexible"



hair spray, and scrunch



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

dont rub ya hair. use a wide tooth comb, never a brush. vitapoint is good for curls. scrunch dry.



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

My hair is the exact same way. So this is what is do, i use conditioner any type(Infusium23 works the best)and when you get out of the shower you put the conditioner through it, then let it dry. It dries soft curls not cruncy like gel or mousse. I hope this helps, Try it! let me know how it goes At zachsdeptstore2yahoo.com :) Oh and one of the answers said to get your hair thinned DON'T it will make your hair even more frizzy. believe me i did it once it was horrible it makes your hair look horrible



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

my hair is extremely curly as well. I use Origins Knot Free庐 Shampoo and Finishing rinse. Once a week I will deep condition with Origins Rich Reward for about 30 minutes. These products are extremely effective and smell great! For keeping your curls really, really nice I recommend using Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious. This stuff is amazing, you won't need anything else. Just be sure to follow the direction exactly.



How can I keep my hair curly, yet smooth?

Lightly, mist your hair with hairspray...that gets rid of the frizz and keeps the curls in tact. And use a hair pick instead of a brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment